Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Seeing From Within My Heart

I really enjoy waking up when it is cool outside in the spring time or in fall. I like the spring and or fall because it smells beautiful outside. When I am walking I can hear and feel the leaves crinkle under my feet. The air smells so fresh and beautiful. The trees look pretty as well. Even though I may not be able to see physically with my own eyes that is okay because I can still see from within my own heart. This is the best way anyone can ever see because there isn’t any judging or anything. I believe sighted people do everything by seeing and a person who doesn’t have sight becomes more observant. Sometimes I miss not being able to see The colors and things outside in the world around me though. However, I can still see from within my heart. But it is better that way because you can actually see the person for who they are from within your heart and not through your eyes. So even though I don’t have any since of color or what things look like physically that is alright because I am use to it already. If a person is blrn blind it may be better because that is all they know. However, if a person looses there sight later in life then it may be harder for them to adjust. But there are advantages and disadvantages to both sides of this story as well. If a person is born blind then they have no recollection of color or what things and or people look like. But if a person looses there sight later in life then they can remember what colors and things look like although it may be vague though.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a really cool way of describing things.

I sometimes feel that I'm missing out on things by only paying attention to the visual world. I love to just sit, close my eyes, and listen to life.

Sarah said...

Mary Ellen -- checking out your blog after meeting you at the retreat this weekend. I LOVE this post -- and it is quite obvious that you do truly see from your heart. Thank you for these words!